Olive Cheese Bread Recipe
Crafting a delectable Olive Cheese Bread elevates any meal or gathering with its savory flavors and irresistible aroma. This delightful recipe brings together the briny essence of olives and the richness of cheese in a mouthwatering bread that’s both simple to make and immensely satisfying.
To create this savory treat, gather the following ingredients:
- French Bread Loaf: Opt for a fresh loaf for the best taste and texture.
- Butter: Unsalted, softened to room temperature.
- Garlic: Finely minced for a flavorful punch.
- Green Olives: Pitted and chopped for that briny goodness.
- Black Olives: Pitted and chopped, adding depth to the flavors.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated for its nutty and sharp notes.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded for its gooey melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Parsley: Fresh and finely chopped for a hint of freshness.
Preheat your oven to the recommended temperature for baking bread.
Slice the French bread loaf diagonally without cutting all the way through. This creates pockets for the flavorful filling.
In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter and minced garlic, creating a savory spread. Carefully spread this mixture between the slices of the bread loaf, ensuring it reaches all corners.
Next, combine the chopped green and black olives, grated Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella, and finely chopped parsley in a bowl. This medley of flavors and textures will be the heart of your Olive Cheese Bread.
Gently stuff this flavorful mixture into the slices of the bread, allowing it to nestle between each cut. Ensure an even distribution for a burst of flavor in every bite.
Wrap the prepared loaf in foil, leaving the top slightly open to allow the bread to crisp up while baking. Place it on a baking sheet and slide it into the preheated oven.
Bake the Olive Cheese Bread until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the bread turns golden and crispy around the edges. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
Once baked to perfection, remove the loaf from the oven. Allow it to cool slightly before slicing it into individual servings. The aroma of garlic, olives, and melted cheese will tempt your senses.
Serve this Olive Cheese Bread as an appetizer or alongside your favorite pasta dishes. It’s a crowd-pleaser and an instant hit at any gathering.
Experiment with different cheese combinations or add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a touch of heat. However you prepare it, this savory bread is sure to become a beloved favorite in your recipe collection.
- 6 oz. full fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 7 oz. green olives, drained and sliced
- 6 oz. black olives, drained and sliced
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8-10 oz. loaf French bread
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine sour cream, garlic powder and butter along with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until mostly smooth.
- Add cheese and green onion and stir until well combined.
- Fold olives into the cheese mixture.
- Slice French bread loaf in half widthwise and then in half lengthwise.
- Divide olive mixture between the four pieces, spreading it in an even layer on the cut side of the bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese starts to get dark golden brown.
- Slice, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 10
Amount Per ServingCalories 8259Total Fat 251gSaturated Fat 108gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 112gCholesterol 424mgSodium 20089mgCarbohydrates 1208gFiber 63gSugar 113gProtein 308g
The information contained herein is subject to change.