Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes: A Bite-Sized Chocolate Mint Delight
Indulging in the classic combination of chocolate and mint is a treat for the senses. And what better way to satisfy your cravings than with Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes? These delectable bite-sized desserts are not only irresistibly delicious but also incredibly easy to make. In this article, we’ll guide you through a delightful Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes Recipe that will leave you and your guests wanting more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the baking adventure, let’s gather all the scrumptious ingredients you’ll need:
For the Crust:
- 1 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs (about 10-12 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces (2 packages) of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of Andes Mint chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Andes Mint chocolate chips
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Step 1: Preparing the Crust
Let’s start by making the crust for our mini cheesecakes. In a bowl, combine the chocolate cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated with butter.
Next, line a muffin tin with paper liners. Press a spoonful of the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of each liner, creating a firm and even crust.
Step 2: Making the Cheesecake Filling
Now, it’s time to prepare the creamy cheesecake filling. In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy. Add the granulated sugar and continue to beat until the sugar is well incorporated.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the pure vanilla extract and sour cream, combining until the mixture is silky and uniform.
Step 3: Adding the Minty Twist
To infuse that irresistible minty flavor, gently fold in the Andes Mint chocolate chips into the cheesecake filling. These little chocolate chips will provide a delightful burst of mint with every bite.
Step 4: Baking the Mini Cheesecakes
Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Carefully spoon the cheesecake filling over the chocolate cookie crust in each muffin liner, filling them nearly to the top.
Bake the mini cheesecakes in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are set, and the centers are slightly jiggly.
Step 5: Cooling and Topping
Once baked, remove the mini cheesecakes from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for about 10-15 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Before serving, top each cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of Andes Mint chocolate chips, and if desired, a fresh mint leaf for that extra touch of elegance.
Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes are a delightful fusion of creamy cheesecake and the refreshing taste of mint chocolate. These bite-sized treats are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re entertaining guests or simply treating yourself to a sweet escape.
With their irresistible flavor and charming appearance, these mini cheesecakes are bound to be a hit. So, don your apron, gather your ingredients, and get ready to savor the delightful world of Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes. Your taste buds will thank you!
1. Can I use pre-made cookie crumbs for the crust?
Absolutely! Pre-made chocolate cookie crumbs work just as well and can save you some time.
2. Can I use mint extract instead of Andes Mint chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use mint extract for a minty flavor. Start with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to your taste.
3. How do I store leftover mini cheesecakes?
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage.
4. Can I make these in advance for a party?
Yes, you can make them a day in advance and store them in the refrigerator. Add the whipped cream and toppings just before serving for the best presentation.
5. Can I use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter version?
While it’s possible, using regular cream cheese will yield the creamiest and most delicious results.
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 15 Andes mints coarsely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray the mini cheesecake pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine graham crackers, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and butter. Divide in the mini cheesecake pan evenly. Press down gently with a spoon.
- In a stand mixer, blend cream cheese and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, mint extract, and food coloring: mix just until incorporated on low. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate graham crackers, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven, prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon, and allow the cheesecakes to cool down slowly for only about 5-10 minutes, then remove them from the oven.
- Remove from oven and chill for several hours or overnight before removing from pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Top each mini cheesecake with a heaping tablespoon of chocolate and a few pieces of Andes mints.
- Plan ahead and soften your cream cheese to room temperature. It will be much easier to beat it and get all of the lumps out.
- Warm your egg to room temperature.
- For best results, use full-fat cream cheese.
- Do not over-mix the cream cheese mixture after adding the egg, as this can cause too much air in the cheesecake.
- Do not open the oven door while they are baking, as fluctuations in temperature can cause cracks.
- After baking for 25 minutes, turn off the oven, prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon, and allow the cheesecakes to cool down slowly.
- You can buy whole chocolate graham crackers and crush them in a food processor. It will take about 8-9 graham crackers, depending on how fine you crush them.
- These cheesecakes need to be stored in the refrigerator. They freeze well when double-wrapped in freezer bags and stored in a sturdy freezer container for up to 2 months. Remember to defrost in the fridge and not on the counter.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 14
Amount Per ServingCalories 3185Total Fat 167gSaturated Fat 87gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 69gCholesterol 343mgSodium 2210mgCarbohydrates 432gFiber 23gSugar 298gProtein 36g
The information contained herein is subject to change.