Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs: A Sizzling Delight
When it comes to quick and flavorful grilling, boneless chicken thighs are a top choice. Their juicy tenderness and ability to soak up marinades make them a favorite for grill enthusiasts. In this article, we’ll take you through a simple yet mouthwatering Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather the essential ingredients:
For the Marinade:
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
Step 1: Marinating the Chicken
The key to flavorful grilled chicken thighs is a good marinade. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix it well to create a marinade that’s bursting with flavor.
Place the boneless chicken thighs in a zip-top bag or a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or for an even better taste, marinate overnight. This allows the chicken to absorb all those delicious flavors.
Step 2: Preparing the Grill
While the chicken is marinating, it’s time to prepare your grill. Whether you’re using a charcoal grill, gas grill, or even an indoor grill pan, make sure it’s clean and well-oiled to prevent sticking.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375°F to 400°F or 190°C to 200°C).
Step 3: Grilling the Chicken
Once the grill is hot and the chicken is done marinating, it’s time to start grilling. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and let any excess drip off.
Place the chicken thighs on the grill grates and close the lid. Grill for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). You’ll know they’re ready when they have beautiful grill marks and the juices run clear.
Step 4: Rest and Garnish
Once the chicken is perfectly grilled, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring each bite is as juicy as can be.
Garnish the grilled boneless chicken thighs with freshly chopped parsley and lemon wedges for an extra burst of freshness and flavor.
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs are the epitome of simplicity and taste. With a fantastic marinade and the sizzle of the grill, you can create a delightful meal in no time. Whether you’re enjoying them with a side salad, in a sandwich, or all by themselves, these chicken thighs are sure to please your taste buds.
So, fire up your grill, marinate those thighs, and get ready to savor the succulent goodness of Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs. Happy grilling!
1. Can I use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe?
Absolutely, bone-in thighs will work just as well. Adjust the cooking time slightly to ensure they cook through.
2. What other marinades can I try?
Get creative! You can experiment with teriyaki, BBQ, or even a lemon-herb marinade for different flavor profiles.
3. Can I grill these indoors on a grill pan?
Yes, you can use an indoor grill pan if you don’t have access to an outdoor grill. Just make sure it’s well-oiled to prevent sticking.
4. How do I know when the chicken is done?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should reach 165°F (74°C) to be safe to eat.
5. Can I prepare these chicken thighs in advance?
You can marinate the chicken in advance, but it’s best to grill them just before serving for that fresh-off-the-grill flavor.
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 Garlic Cloves , crushed
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley , finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1.5-1.7 pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs (800 grams)
In a mixing bowl (or a Ziploc bag), combine paprika, crushed garlic cloves, finely chopped parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. Give everything a good mix.
Add the chicken thighs and coat each one of them with the mixture. Make sure they are all well coated before covering the bowl with cling film (or locking the Ziploc bag). Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Grill on both sides until they are nice brown and cooked through (see note 4).
Best served right away!
- Paprika – either smoked or sweet can be used.
- I used 4 garlic cloves which was about 1 tablespoon of crushed/pressed garlic. It was the perfect amount but every garlic is different so you might like to adjust this the next time you make the marinade.
- Parsley – I use about 4 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley, but you can use slightly less or more, if you like.
- The time does not include marinating – count with at least 30 minutes.
- Please note that the cooking time may vary depending on the size of the thighs you use and on the heat in your grill. If not sure, always check with food thermometer first. Mine were ready in about 10-12 minutes.
- I used skinless chicken thighs. You can also use thighs with skin. If you do, I recommend grilling them the skin-side down first.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 5
Amount Per ServingCalories 3071Total Fat 185gSaturated Fat 45gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 138gCholesterol 1771mgSodium 5757mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 355g
The information contained herein is subject to change.