Cheeseburgers in Foil with Veggies and Potatoes Recipe
Looking for a hassle-free way to enjoy cheeseburgers with a side of deliciously roasted veggies and potatoes? Look no further than this easy and delectable Cheeseburgers in Foil with Veggies and Potatoes recipe. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a fun outdoor cookout, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser that’s both convenient and scrumptious. Let’s dive into how to make this mouthwatering dish.
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef (or your preferred ground meat)
- Hamburger buns
- Slices of your favorite cheese (cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.)
- Potatoes (baby potatoes or Yukon gold work well)
- Red bell peppers
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise (or your preferred burger condiments)
1. Preheat the Oven or Grill:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) or prepare your grill for indirect cooking.
2. Prepare Foil Packets:
- Tear off sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil, each large enough to wrap a burger and some veggies. You’ll need one foil sheet per burger.
3. Prepare the Veggies:
- Wash and chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- Slice the carrots, red bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion into bite-sized pieces.
4. Season the Veggies:
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Ensure they are well-coated with the seasonings.
5. Assemble the Foil Packets:
- Place a burger patty on the center of each foil sheet.
- Top the patty with a slice of cheese.
- Add a handful of the seasoned veggies alongside the burger.
6. Seal the Foil Packets:
- Fold the foil over the burger and veggies to create a packet. Be sure to seal it tightly to trap the steam inside.
7. Cook the Packets:
- Place the foil packets directly on the grill grates for outdoor cooking or on a baking sheet for oven cooking.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the burgers are cooked to your desired level of doneness and the veggies are tender. Cooking times may vary, so keep an eye on them.
- Carefully open the foil packets; be cautious of the hot steam.
- Place the cooked cheeseburger inside a bun.
- Serve the roasted veggies and potatoes alongside the burger.
- Offer ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, or your favorite condiments for guests to customize their burgers.
Enjoy your Cheeseburgers in Foil with Veggies and Potatoes!
This recipe is not only easy to make but also a fantastic way to savor the flavors of a classic cheeseburger with the added bonus of perfectly roasted vegetables and potatoes. Whether you’re cooking indoors or having a barbecue outdoors, this dish is a hit with minimal cleanup.
So, next time you’re craving a delicious and hassle-free meal, give this Cheeseburgers in Foil with Veggies and Potatoes recipe a try. Your taste buds and dinner guests will thank you!
- 4 quarter-pound hamburger patties, I used 85/15 lean ground beef patties
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 to 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, for serving
- 4 12-inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Peel and dice the potatoes into half-inch chunks. Place in a small bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
Arrange the four sheets of aluminum foil on your work surface. Divide the potatoes evenly onto the foil sheets.
Top each pile of potatoes with a slice of red onion, followed by a hamburger patty. Season the hamburgers with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Create pouches by folding over two opposite ends of the foil sheets, and then rolling up the remaining open ends.
Place the prepared pouches on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the hamburgers register at an internal temperature of 160˚F to 165°F.
Carefully open each pouch; avoid letting the steam burn your hands or face. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each burger. Place back in the oven, uncovered, for two minutes, to allow the cheese to melt.
Serve the cheeseburger pouches as-is, with ketchup, or place on buns with favorite toppings.
Cheeseburger pouches can be made with many variations. Try adding veggies like chopped carrots, cut green beans, and corn kernels.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 7499Total Fat 387gSaturated Fat 150gTrans Fat 15gUnsaturated Fat 179gCholesterol 2159mgSodium 3941mgCarbohydrates 287gFiber 24gSugar 26gProtein 678g
The information contained herein is subject to change.