Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Recipe: A Perfect Harmony of Flavors
Indulge in the rich and satisfying blend of flavors with our Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta recipe. This dish combines succulent chicken, smoky chorizo, and a velvety cream sauce to create a pasta experience that’s both comforting and indulgent. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of crafting this delectable dish step by step, ensuring that every bite is a symphony of tastes that will have you coming back for more.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing the Ingredients
- Cooking the Chicken and Chorizo
- Creating the Creamy Sauce
- Combining Pasta and Sauce
- Serving and Garnishing
- Tips for a Perfect Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Introduction to Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
This dish brings together the best of both worlds: tender chicken and flavorful chorizo united in a creamy pasta sauce. The result is a harmonious balance of textures and tastes that’s sure to become a household favorite.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Gather the following ingredients to embark on this culinary journey:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chorizo sausage (smoked or cured)
- Penne pasta (or your favorite pasta shape)
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Fresh parsley (for garnishing)
- Salt and pepper
Preparing the Ingredients
Start by dicing the chicken into bite-sized pieces and slicing the chorizo into thin rounds. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic to prepare the aromatic base of the dish.
Cooking the Chicken and Chorizo
In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and chorizo slices, allowing them to cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the chorizo is slightly crispy and releases its flavorful oils.
Creating the Creamy Sauce
Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet, sautéing until they turn translucent and fragrant. Pour in the heavy cream and chicken broth, allowing the flavors to meld together. Simmer the mixture until it thickens slightly.
Combining Pasta and Sauce
While the sauce simmers, cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Gently toss the pasta to coat it in the luscious mixture.
Serving and Garnishing
Serve your Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta in bowls, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. The aromatic aroma and inviting presentation will surely delight your senses.
Tips for a Perfect Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
- Opt for smoked or cured chorizo for an authentic smoky flavor.
- Season the dish thoughtfully, as both the chorizo and Parmesan contribute saltiness.
- Play around with pasta shapes for a fun twist on presentation.
- For a touch of freshness, consider adding a handful of baby spinach or arugula to the pasta just before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use a different type of sausage?
While chorizo adds a unique flavor, you can experiment with other sausages to create your own twist on the dish.
Is heavy cream necessary for the sauce?
Heavy cream contributes to the lusciousness of the dish, but you can use half-and-half for a lighter option.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While the pasta is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the ingredients and the sauce ahead of time and assemble them just before serving.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Absolutely! Choose your favorite pasta shape, whether it’s linguine, fettuccine, or even a short pasta like fusilli.
Is this dish spicy?
Chorizo can have a bit of heat, but it’s not overwhelmingly spicy. You can adjust the spice level by using mild chorizo or adding red pepper flakes.
Experience the ultimate comfort food with our Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta recipe. With its combination of succulent chicken, smoky chorizo, and velvety cream sauce, this dish is a testament to the art of creating a harmonious culinary experience.
- 300 g (10.5 oz) rigatoni (or another type of short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 g (6 oz) chorizo, sliced
- 350 g (12 oz) chicken breast, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 200 ml (1 cup) double cream
- 6 leaves fresh basil, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 30 g (¼ cup) grated Parmesan
- Bring a pot of water to boil, salt it generously and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Reserve a cup of water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan and fry the chorizo for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat until slightly crispy.
- Add the diced chicken breast to the pan and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Next, add the red onion and red pepper to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, oregano, marjoram, chilli flakes and tomato paste. Add the chicken stock and allow the sauce to get bubbling.
- Lower the heat and stir in the double cream. Allow it to bubble again for 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan and toss it well. Stir in the fresh basil, parsley and grated Parmesan. Season to taste and serve immediately, with extra grated Parmesan on top if you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 38385Total Fat 2782gSaturated Fat 1552gTrans Fat 75gUnsaturated Fat 1042gCholesterol 8304mgSodium 72978mgCarbohydrates 1899gFiber 4gSugar 943gProtein 1425g
The information contained herein is subject to change.