Easy Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
In the world of desserts, brownies have always held a special place. Their rich, chocolatey goodness is something that many of us can’t resist. But what if we told you there was a way to take your brownie game up a notch? Enter the Easy Pumpkin Brownies Recipe. This delightful fusion of chocolate and pumpkin not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also adds a touch of autumnal warmth to your treat. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to create these delectable pumpkin brownies, perfect for any season.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Pumpkin Brownies
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing Your Baking Pan
- Mixing the Dry Ingredients
- Combining the Wet Ingredients
- Bringing it All Together
- Baking the Brownies
- The Smell of Success
- Serving Your Pumpkin Brownies
- Variations and Toppings
- Storing Leftover Brownies
- Pumpkin Brownies for All Occasions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Introduction to Pumpkin Brownies
Pumpkin brownies are a delightful twist on the classic chocolate brownie. They offer a unique blend of flavors and an extra layer of moistness, thanks to the pumpkin puree. These brownies are not only delicious but also a great way to sneak some veggies into your dessert.
2. Ingredients You’ll Need
To create these mouthwatering pumpkin brownies, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
3. Preparing Your Baking Pan
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8×8-inch baking pan to prevent your brownies from sticking.
4. Mixing the Dry Ingredients
In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice. Mix them together to ensure even distribution of these dry ingredients.
5. Combining the Wet Ingredients
In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
6. Bringing it All Together
Now, gently fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients. Be careful not to overmix; just combine them until no streaks of flour remain.
7. Baking the Brownies
Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
8. The Smell of Success
As your pumpkin brownies bake, your kitchen will be filled with the delightful aroma of chocolate and pumpkin. This is the moment when you know something wonderful is in the works.
9. Serving Your Pumpkin Brownies
Once your brownies are done, let them cool in the pan for a bit before cutting them into squares. These treats are delicious on their own, but you can also add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
10. Variations and Toppings
Get creative with your pumpkin brownies by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce. The possibilities are endless!
11. Storing Leftover Brownies
If you have any brownies left (which is not very likely), store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or in the refrigerator for longer freshness.
12. Pumpkin Brownies for All Occasions
Whether it’s a cozy fall evening, a Halloween party, or Thanksgiving dessert, pumpkin brownies are versatile and can be enjoyed on various occasions. Their unique flavor profile will surely impress your guests.
13. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I use homemade pumpkin puree? A1: Absolutely! Homemade pumpkin puree can enhance the flavor even more.
Q2: Can I substitute pumpkin spice with cinnamon? A2: Yes, you can use cinnamon if you don’t have pumpkin spice on hand, but it will alter the flavor slightly.
Q3: Can I make these brownies gluten-free? A3: Yes, you can use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version.
Q4: What’s the best way to store leftover brownies? A4: Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or in the refrigerator for longer freshness.
Q5: Can I freeze pumpkin brownies? A5: Absolutely! Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
Indulging in the delightful flavors of pumpkin brownies is a wonderful experience for your taste buds. These easy-to-make treats combine the richness of chocolate with the earthy notes of pumpkin, creating a dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. So, grab your ingredients, follow the steps, and treat yourself to a plate of pumpkin brownies that are sure to impress.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to put on your apron and get baking. Enjoy the sweet and savory delight of these Easy Pumpkin Brownies, and share this recipe with your friends and family for a memorable dessert experience. Happy baking!
- 1 brownie box mix or make your own
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pumpkin pure canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to indicated temperature on box mix or brownie recipe. Mine was 350F.
- Lightly spray an 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper leaving an overhang for easy removal. Alternatively, line a 9 inch square pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed using ingredients indicated on the box. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix until smooth and combined.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the top of the brownie batter and carefully spread into a thin layer with an offset spatula.
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top and drag the tip of a knife through the batter to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. (Watch the brownies closely after 40 minutes. Don't rely on the time so much as the inserted toothpick.)
- Let cool completely in pan. Use the parchment paper or foil overhang to pull the brownies out and cut into squares.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 16
Amount Per ServingCalories 2737Total Fat 151gSaturated Fat 83gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 56gCholesterol 452mgSodium 1552mgCarbohydrates 351gFiber 42gSugar 216gProtein 38g
The information contained herein is subject to change.