Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Indulge in the rich and creamy goodness of Mushroom Alfredo Pasta, a dish that combines the earthy flavors of mushrooms with the velvety elegance of Alfredo sauce. Whether you’re looking for a quick and comforting weeknight dinner or a dish to impress your guests, this recipe will not disappoint. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create this delectable pasta dish that’s sure to become a favorite in your repertoire.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather all the ingredients required to make Mushroom Alfredo Pasta.
For the Pasta:
- 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Making Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s embark on the journey of making Mushroom Alfredo Pasta.
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Step 2: Sauté the Mushrooms
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Sauté them until the mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid they release has evaporated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 3: Prepare the Alfredo Sauce
In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and white pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and the cheese has melted. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
Step 4: Combine Pasta, Mushrooms, and Sauce
Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet with the sautéed mushrooms. Pour the prepared Alfredo sauce over the pasta and mushrooms.
Step 5: Toss and Serve
Toss everything together gently until the pasta is well coated with the creamy Alfredo sauce and the mushrooms are evenly distributed.
Step 6: Garnish and Enjoy
Transfer the Mushroom Alfredo Pasta to serving plates, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
Mushroom Alfredo Pasta is a delightful harmony of flavors and textures. The earthiness of sautéed mushrooms complements the luxurious creaminess of the Alfredo sauce, creating a dish that’s both comforting and sophisticated. Whether you enjoy it as a standalone meal or alongside a crisp salad and garlic bread, this pasta will satisfy your cravings for something indulgent.
Make this recipe your own by experimenting with different types of mushrooms or adding a pinch of nutmeg for extra depth of flavor. Share this delectable dish with loved ones, and let the savory pleasure of Mushroom Alfredo Pasta elevate your dining experience.
- Can I use dried mushrooms instead of fresh ones?
While fresh mushrooms are recommended for their flavor and texture, you can use rehydrated dried mushrooms if that’s what you have on hand. Just be sure to soak and rehydrate them according to package instructions before using.
- What type of pasta is best for Alfredo sauce?
Fettuccine pasta is a classic choice for Alfredo sauce, but you can use other pasta varieties like linguine or penne if you prefer.
- Is it necessary to use heavy cream for the Alfredo sauce?
Heavy cream is preferred for its richness, but you can use half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version of the sauce. Keep in mind that the sauce may be slightly less creamy.
- Can I make this dish vegetarian?
Absolutely! This recipe is vegetarian-friendly. Just ensure that the cheese you use is vegetarian, as some cheeses contain animal rennet.
- Can I add protein to this pasta, such as chicken or shrimp?
Certainly! Grilled chicken or sautéed shrimp can be added to this dish for extra protein. Simply cook the protein separately and toss it in with the pasta and sauce at the end.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- 8oz pasta
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat and add the oil and minced garlic to the warm pan. Saute the garlic until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Boil salted water for pasta.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Saute until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tsp of salt to the mushrooms and saute for another minute.
- At this point add the pasta to the boiling water to cook.
- Add the butter to the pan with the mushrooms and saute until it melts. Once the butter melts pour in the heavy cream and let it simmer with the mushrooms for 4 minutes. Slowly mixing in the parmesan cheese and continuously stir until the cheese melts and mixes in.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the cooked pasta. Mix the pasta water and cooked pasta in with the sauce. Toss to combine and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve with fresh basil, parmesan cheese and truffle oil
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 2192Total Fat 169gSaturated Fat 87gTrans Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 68gCholesterol 416mgSodium 4397mgCarbohydrates 120gFiber 12gSugar 16gProtein 58g
The information contained herein is subject to change.