One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe: A Flavorful Fusion in Every Bite
Looking for a delicious and hassle-free meal that brings together the bold flavors of Cajun seasoning and creamy pasta? Your search ends here with this One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. This culinary delight combines tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a rich Cajun-spiced cream sauce—all cooked in a single pot for easy cleanup. In this article, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of creating this flavorful fusion that will undoubtedly become a family favorite.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing the Chicken and Cajun Seasoning
- Sautéing the Chicken and Aromatics
- Adding Pasta and Broth
- Creating the Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Bringing It All Together
- Tips for Success
- Variations to Explore
- Why This Recipe Is a Must-Try
1. Introduction to One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
Imagine a single pot brimming with perfectly cooked pasta, succulent chicken, and a velvety sauce that boasts the bold and spicy flavors of Cajun cuisine. This recipe not only satisfies your taste buds but also minimizes the mess in the kitchen—truly a win-win for any home cook.
2. Ingredients You’ll Need
Gather these essential ingredients before embarking on your culinary journey:
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Penne or fettuccine pasta
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
- Bell peppers
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
3. Preparing the Chicken and Cajun Seasoning
Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and generously coat them with Cajun seasoning. This step ensures that the chicken is infused with the vibrant flavors of Cajun cuisine.
4. Sautéing the Chicken and Aromatics
Heat olive oil in a large pot and sauté the seasoned chicken until it’s cooked through and beautifully browned. Add diced onion, bell peppers, and minced garlic, sautéing until the vegetables are tender and aromatic.
5. Adding Pasta and Broth
Introduce penne or fettuccine pasta to the pot, followed by chicken broth. Allow the pasta to cook in the flavorful broth until it’s just shy of being fully cooked.
6. Creating the Creamy Cajun Sauce
Pour in heavy cream, letting it meld with the Cajun-spiced broth. Add grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy and decadent.
7. Bringing It All Together
Return the sautéed chicken to the pot, allowing it to soak up the creamy Cajun sauce. As the pasta finishes cooking, it absorbs the flavors of the sauce, resulting in a harmonious and mouthwatering dish.
8. Tips for Success
- Adjust the level of Cajun seasoning according to your spice preference.
- For added freshness, garnish the dish with chopped parsley before serving.
- If the sauce thickens too much, you can loosen it with a splash of chicken broth or milk.
9. Variations to Explore
While this recipe features chicken, you can experiment with shrimp or even sausage as protein options. Additionally, feel free to toss in some spinach or sun-dried tomatoes for added texture and flavor.
10. Why This Recipe Is a Must-Try
The One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is a symphony of flavors and textures that come together effortlessly in one pot. Its simplicity, convenience, and mouthwatering taste make it a recipe that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
Q1: Can I use a different type of pasta?
A: Absolutely! While penne and fettuccine work well, you can experiment with other pasta shapes.
Q2: How spicy is this dish?
A: The spice level can be tailored to your preference by adjusting the amount of Cajun seasoning used.
Q3: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A: Yes, boneless and skinless chicken thighs are a flavorful alternative.
Q4: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A: While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can reheat leftovers gently on the stove with a splash of cream or broth to maintain the creamy texture.
Q5: What can I serve with Cajun Chicken Pasta?
A: A simple green salad or garlic bread are excellent companions to this flavorful dish.
In conclusion, the One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is a testament to the magic of combining bold flavors and textures in a single pot. With a rich and creamy Cajun-spiced sauce embracing tender chicken and perfectly cooked pasta, this dish is sure to excite your taste buds and simplify your cooking process. Whether you’re a fan of Cajun cuisine or simply seeking a satisfying and comforting meal, this recipe is a must-try that will elevate your culinary repertoire.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning,
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips, about 2-inches long
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips, about 2-inches long
- 1 small (5 - 6 oz) red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 12 oz. penne pasta (recommend Barilla for consistency)
- 2 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Toss chicken with 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning. Add to pot in a single layer.
Cook until browned on bottom, about 3 minutes then turn and continue to cook through, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a sheet of foil and wrap to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion and saute 3 minutes. Add garlic and remaining 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning and saute 1 minute longer.
Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Bring mixture to a boil, then add pasta.
Cook, stirring frequently until pasta is nearly tender, about 12 - 13 minutes. Add cornstarch and water mixture and cook until pasta is just tender and sauce mixture has thickened, about 1 minute longer.
Remove from heat. Toss in remaining 1/4 cup cream, parmesan, parsley and cooked chicken, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 2546Total Fat 123gSaturated Fat 60gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 54gCholesterol 630mgSodium 6908mgCarbohydrates 157gFiber 15gSugar 23gProtein 199g
The information contained herein is subject to change.