Steak Fajita Quesadillas Recipe
Steak Fajita Quesadillas are the perfect fusion of Tex-Mex flavors and cheesy goodness. These quesadillas are filled with tender slices of marinated steak, sautéed bell peppers, onions, and plenty of melted cheese. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a tasty appetizer for a gathering, these quesadillas will be a hit.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Gather these ingredients to make Steak Fajita Quesadillas:
For the Steak Marinade:
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Quesadilla Filling:
- 2 bell peppers (red, green, or a mix), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Follow these simple steps to create Steak Fajita Quesadillas:
Step 1: Marinate the Steak
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Place the flank steak in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish, and pour the marinade over it.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse into the steak.
Step 2: Cook the Steak
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill it for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer to your desired level of doneness.
- Once cooked, transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, thinly slice it against the grain.
Step 3: Sauté the Peppers and Onions
- In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet and sauté until they become tender and slightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 4: Assemble the Quesadillas
- Lay out one flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle a portion of the shredded Mexican cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Arrange slices of the grilled steak on top of the cheese.
- Add a generous portion of the sautéed peppers and onions on top of the steak.
- Sprinkle another layer of cheese on top of the veggies.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling, creating a half-moon shape.
Step 5: Cook the Quesadillas
- Heat a clean skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a little vegetable oil.
- Place the assembled quesadilla in the skillet and cook until the tortilla becomes crispy and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat the process for the remaining quesadillas.
Step 6: Serve
- Cut the cooked quesadillas into wedges.
- Serve them hot with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro if desired.
Steak Fajita Quesadillas are a fantastic combination of flavors and textures, making them a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. The marinated steak, sautéed peppers and onions, and gooey melted cheese come together perfectly inside a crispy tortilla. Whether as a meal or a party appetizer, these quesadillas are sure to satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings.
Enjoy your Steak Fajita Quesadillas!
- 1 pound Skirt Steak diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 Flour Tortillas burrito size
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Place the steak on the skillet in an even layer. Season it with the taco seasoning. Sauté the steak for 1-2 minutes per side until it’s browned slightly.
Then add in the red bell pepper and onions and sauté them with the steak for 5-7 minutes until the steak is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Then top the steak and vegetables with salsa and toss to thoroughly coat the mixture with the salsa. Sauté for a few minutes to combine the flavors. Then remove the mixture from the heat.
Heat a griddle over medium high heat or you can heat a cast iron skillet.
Place the tortillas on the griddle or skillet. Top each tortilla with a small amount of each cheese, then layer the steak and vegetables on top and then add more cheese. Carefully fold each tortilla in half making a half moon shape.
Cook until one side of the tortilla is golden brown (1-2 minutes). Flip and then cook until the other side is golden brown as well (1-2 minutes). Watch them closely as they brown quickly.
Remove the quesadillas onto a cutting board. Slice them and they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
We used skirt steak for this recipe but you can also use flank steak if you prefer.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 3732Total Fat 218gSaturated Fat 102gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 100gCholesterol 617mgSodium 6224mgCarbohydrates 203gFiber 22gSugar 21gProtein 231g
The information contained herein is subject to change.