Best Bacon Sandwich with Caramelized Onions Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, few things can beat the satisfaction of biting into a perfectly crafted bacon sandwich with caramelized onions. The crispy, savory bacon paired with the sweet, tender caramelized onions creates a harmonious symphony of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds singing. Whether you’re looking for a hearty breakfast, a satisfying lunch, or a late-night snack, this recipe has you covered. So, let’s dive right into crafting this mouthwatering masterpiece.
Table of Contents
- 3.1 Caramelizing the Onions
- 3.2 Preparing the Bacon
- 3.3 Assembling the Sandwich
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Tips
- Healthier Options
The bacon sandwich with caramelized onions is a true classic. It’s a combination of simple ingredients that, when prepared with care, can elevate your culinary experience to a whole new level. Whether you’re a bacon aficionado or just looking for a delicious treat, you’re in for a treat.
Before you begin, gather the following ingredients:
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Condiments of your choice (mayonnaise, ketchup, or mustard)
3.1 Caramelizing the Onions
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and sauté them slowly until they become soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally. This process can take about 20-30 minutes. Be patient; the caramelization is worth it.
3.2 Preparing the Bacon
- While the onions are caramelizing, cook the bacon in a separate skillet until it reaches your desired level of crispiness. Drain excess grease on paper towels.
3.3 Assembling the Sandwich
- Toast the slices of bread to your liking.
- Spread your chosen condiments on the bread slices.
- Place a generous portion of caramelized onions on one slice.
- Layer the crispy bacon on top of the onions.
- If desired, add lettuce leaves and tomato slices for freshness.
- Top with another slice of bread to complete the sandwich.
Feel free to get creative with your bacon sandwich. You can add slices of avocado, a fried egg, or even a slice of cheese to take it to the next level.
Serve your bacon sandwich with caramelized onions alongside a crisp salad, potato chips, or a bowl of hot tomato soup for a satisfying meal.
If you have any leftover caramelized onions, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat them gently in a skillet or microwave before using them again.
If you’re looking for a lighter version of this sandwich, consider using turkey bacon and whole-grain bread. You can also reduce the amount of butter and oil used to caramelize the onions.
A bacon sandwich with caramelized onions is a delightful indulgence that can brighten any mealtime. The combination of crispy bacon and sweet, tender onions is simply irresistible. Whether you enjoy it as a breakfast treat, a hearty lunch, or a late-night snack, you’re in for a culinary delight that’s hard to beat.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and start sizzling up some bacon, because this sandwich is calling your name. Get ready to savor every mouthwatering bite!
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ medium onion ( sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce (see notes)
- 2 slices sandwich bread (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 small tomato (sliced)
- ¼ cup arugula
- Cook the bacon in a medium-sized pan over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan and pour out all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon oil.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, mix the mayonnaise and chipotle peppers in a small bowl.
- Remove the onions from the pan and put the bread into the pan. Let it toast for 1-2 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Spread the chipotle mayo on the toasted bread then top with the caramelized onions, crispy bacon, tomato slices, and arugula. Put the other slice of bread on top then serve right away.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 501Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 34mgSodium 886mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 15g
The information contained herein is subject to change.