Easy Baked Lamb Chops Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a mouthwatering dish that’s both easy to prepare and incredibly flavorful, look no further than this Easy Baked Lamb Chops Recipe. Lamb chops are known for their rich, tender meat and unique taste, making them a delightful choice for any meal. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just craving a delicious dinner, this recipe will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Table of Contents
- 3.1 Preparing the Lamb Chops
- 3.2 Marinating the Lamb Chops
- 3.3 Baking the Lamb Chops
- Serving Suggestions
- Wine Pairing
Baked lamb chops are a fantastic option when you want to enjoy the succulent flavors of lamb without the hassle of grilling or pan-searing. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create tender and juicy lamb chops that are bursting with flavor.
Before you begin, gather the following ingredients:
- 4 lamb chops (bone-in or boneless)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
3.1 Preparing the Lamb Chops
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- Place the lamb chops on a plate and pat them dry with paper towels. This helps them brown nicely in the oven.
- Season both sides of the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
3.2 Marinating the Lamb Chops
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried rosemary, and dried thyme. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
- Brush the marinade onto both sides of the lamb chops, ensuring they are evenly coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors infuse.
3.3 Baking the Lamb Chops
- Place the marinated lamb chops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes for medium-rare lamb chops, or adjust the cooking time according to your desired level of doneness.
- For accurate results, use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71°C) for medium, or 170°F (77°C) for well-done.
- Once done, remove the lamb chops from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the baked lamb chops hot, garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or rosemary.
- Pair them with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp salad.
- Drizzle any remaining pan juices over the lamb chops for added flavor.
For a perfect wine pairing, consider a robust red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot. The rich and fruity notes of these wines complement the savory flavors of the lamb.
This Easy Baked Lamb Chops Recipe allows you to savor the exquisite taste of lamb with minimal effort. The combination of aromatic herbs and garlic infuses the meat with a delightful flavor that’s sure to impress your taste buds. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, these lamb chops are a fantastic choice.
So, fire up your oven, follow these simple steps, and treat yourself to a culinary masterpiece. With tender and flavorful lamb chops on your plate, you’re in for a dining experience like no other. Enjoy!
- 8 Lamb Chops medium size
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Thyme dried
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- ½ Red bell pepper
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
Roughly process or blend the ½ red bell pepper, fresh parsley and garlic with a processor or chopper.
Using a chopping board, divide the lamb rack into 8 chops (Depends how many chop your rack has).
Transfer lamb into a bowl, add the chopped bell pepper mix with the rest of the ingredients except the fresh parsley and mix with your hands till well coated.
Cover with a cloth or plastic and let it marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator, but should come back to room temperature before cooking.
Preheat Oven to 400°F.
In a cast iron skillet, add about 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, oil has to be very hot. Add lamb chops and sear each side for about 2 minutes till brown. Repeat process for the rest of the chops.
After all the chops have been seared, now transfer to the skillet. Avoid overlapping at this point, like the lamb chop under won't be fully cooked. Now put skillet into the hot oven.
Bake at 400°F for 2-5( medium rare - medium), or 5-10 minutes (medium well- well done).
If your skillet couldn't carry all 8 lamb chops, repeat the process with the rest. Make sure you wipe the skillet before putting next batch.
Now remove from the oven and skillet and serve on a plate. If left in the skillet, it continues cooking.
Garnish with the fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite side and dip. Enjoy.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 8
Amount Per ServingCalories 1997Total Fat 147gSaturated Fat 54gTrans Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 87gCholesterol 393mgSodium 5148mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 6gSugar 33gProtein 126g
The information contained herein is subject to change.