Chicken Thighs With Creamy Mushroom Garlic Sauce
Chicken thighs are a culinary delight, offering a succulent and flavorful experience. Paired with a creamy mushroom garlic sauce, this dish takes comfort food to a whole new level.
Why Choose Chicken Thighs
When it comes to choosing the perfect cut for your meal, chicken thighs stand out for several reasons. Their rich flavor, versatility in cooking, and affordability make them an excellent choice for any kitchen.
Creamy Mushroom Garlic Sauce Recipe
Creating the creamy mushroom garlic sauce is the heart of this dish. Gather ingredients like fresh mushrooms, minced garlic, cream, and herbs. Follow the step-by-step instructions to achieve a luscious sauce that complements the chicken thighs perfectly.
Marinating Chicken Thighs
To elevate the flavors, marinate the chicken thighs before cooking. A blend of olive oil, herbs, and garlic adds depth to the dish. Allow the marination process to infuse the meat with deliciousness.
Best Cooking Techniques
Whether you prefer oven-baked perfection, stovetop searing, or a smoky twist from the grill, there’s a cooking technique for everyone. Each method enhances the taste and texture of the chicken thighs.
Consider serving your chicken thighs with complementary side dishes and a well-chosen wine. The right pairings can elevate your dining experience to a culinary adventure.
Contrary to popular belief, chicken thighs offer nutritional benefits. Paired with the goodness of mushrooms and garlic, this dish is not only delicious but also a wholesome choice.
Serving and Presentation
Learn the art of plating and garnishing to make your dish visually appealing. Impress your guests with a professionally presented meal right at your dining table.
Gathering Ingredients Locally
Supporting local markets not only ensures freshness but also contributes to the community. Explore your neighborhood for quality ingredients that enhance the overall taste of your dish.
Personalizing the Recipe
Feel free to add your unique twists to the recipe. Whether it’s a hint of spice or a dash of your favorite herb, make this dish truly yours.
Involve your children in the kitchen for a fun and educational experience. Cooking together creates lasting memories and encourages a love for good food.
Maximize leftovers with creative ideas. Turn extra chicken and sauce into new meals for a delightful culinary encore.
Capture the beauty of your creation with tips on taking the perfect food photo. Share your culinary masterpiece on social media for a delightful online experience.
- How long should I marinate the chicken thighs? Marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for a more intense flavor.
- Can I use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe? Yes, boneless thighs work well, but bone-in thighs add extra flavor.
- Are there any alternatives to mushrooms in the sauce? Consider using spinach or sun-dried tomatoes for unique variations.
- What sides pair best with chicken thighs in creamy mushroom garlic sauce? Roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes are excellent choices.
- How can I make this dish spicy? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the sauce for a kick.
Chicken thighs with creamy mushroom garlic sauce offer a culinary journey filled with flavors and textures. Take the plunge into this delightful recipe and savor the deliciousness it brings to your table.
For The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream / thickened cream (evaporated milk or half and half)*
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
*You CAN use fresh herbs if you have them! 2 teaspoons each of fresh herbs is fine. If you don't like Thyme or Rosemary, substitute with Basil and Oregano, or use Tarragon. **Heavy or thickened cream is used for low carb/high fat purposes. If counting calories and/or fat macros instead, use evaporated milk, reduced fat cream or half and half.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 2176Total Fat 203gSaturated Fat 111gTrans Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 80gCholesterol 701mgSodium 2241mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 14gProtein 71g
The information contained herein is subject to change.