Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe
If you’re a fan of Texas Roadhouse, you know that their steaks are something truly special. The juicy, flavorful, and perfectly cooked steaks they serve have left countless people craving for more. But what if you could enjoy that same delicious steak in the comfort of your own home? In this article, we’ll reveal the secrets to recreating the mouthwatering Texas Roadhouse steak recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
What Makes Texas Roadhouse Steak Special?
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a moment to appreciate what makes Texas Roadhouse steaks stand out from the rest.
1. High-Quality Meat Selection
Texas Roadhouse only uses the finest cuts of beef, typically USDA Choice or Prime. This quality of meat ensures a rich and tender steak.
2. The Right Seasoning
Their signature seasoning blend is a well-guarded secret, but we’ll provide you with a close approximation that captures the essence of their flavor.
3. Perfect Cooking Technique
The Texas Roadhouse chefs are experts at grilling. Their steaks are cooked over an open flame, searing in the flavors and juices.
The Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Recipe
Now that we understand what makes these steaks so special, let’s get down to the main event – the recipe!
- 4 boneless ribeye steaks (approximately 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (adjust for your preferred level of spiciness)
1. Prepare the Steak:
- Take the ribeye steaks out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Season the Steaks:
- In a bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper to create the seasoning blend.
- Rub the seasoning generously onto both sides of each steak.
3. Preheat the Grill:
- Preheat your grill to high heat (around 450-500°F or 232-260°C).
4. Grill the Steaks:
- Brush the steaks with vegetable oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, adjusting the time to your desired doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your steaks reach the desired internal temperature (135°F or 57°C for medium-rare).
5. Rest and Serve:
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Slice your steaks against the grain for maximum tenderness.
- Serve your copycat Texas Roadhouse steaks with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Now you have the secret recipe to recreate the mouthwatering Texas Roadhouse steak at home. With the right meat, seasoning, and grilling technique, you can savor the flavors of your favorite restaurant without leaving your kitchen. Impress your family and friends with this delicious copycat recipe, and make every meal a special occasion.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I use a different cut of steak for this recipe?
Absolutely! While ribeye is the closest to the Texas Roadhouse experience, you can use other cuts like New York strip or filet mignon.
2. What sides pair well with these steaks?
Popular choices include baked potatoes, seasoned rice, or a fresh garden salad with a tangy vinaigrette.
3. Can I cook these steaks indoors?
Yes, you can use a cast-iron skillet or grill pan on high heat for similar results.
4. Is there a vegetarian version of this recipe?
Unfortunately, this recipe is tailored for steak lovers. However, you can try marinating and grilling portobello mushrooms for a tasty alternative.
5. How do I adjust the spiciness of the seasoning?
You can reduce or omit the cayenne pepper if you prefer a milder flavor or increase it for an extra kick. Adjust according to your taste preferences.
Now, it’s time to fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy a restaurant-quality steak right in your own home. Happy cooking!
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
Stir together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl to thoroughly combine.
Rub approximately 1 Tbsp of the seasoning mixture on each steak (front and back). Generously apply the seasoning. It may be more or less than 1 Tbsp depending on the size of your steak.
Let the steak sit with the seasoning on it for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
Preheat a grill to 400 degrees F.
Spray the grill gates with oil or wipe them with oil.
Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak cooked.
Flip the steak over and grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak cooked.
Remove from the grill and allow to rest a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 2295Total Fat 130gSaturated Fat 51gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 59gCholesterol 835mgSodium 8362mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 246g
The information contained herein is subject to change.