Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a flavor-packed dish that’s both sweet and savory, look no further than Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs. This recipe combines succulent lamb ribs with a delightful blend of garlic, brown sugar, and spices to create a dish that’s tender on the inside and caramelized on the outside. Get ready to impress your taste buds with this delectable recipe.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing the Marinade
- Marinating the Lamb Ribs
- Cooking the Lamb Ribs
- Serving Your Lamb Ribs
- Variations and Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Introduction to Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs
Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs offer a unique twist on traditional rib recipes. The combination of garlic’s pungent aroma and the sweetness of brown sugar creates a harmonious balance of flavors that will leave you craving for more. This recipe is perfect for special occasions or any time you want to indulge in a mouthwatering treat.
2. Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs:
- 2 racks of lamb ribs (approximately 2-2.5 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish, optional)
3. Preparing the Marinade
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, olive oil, smoked paprika, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together until the brown sugar has dissolved, and the marinade is well combined.
4. Marinating the Lamb Ribs
- Place the lamb ribs in a large resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb ribs, ensuring they are evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
5. Cooking the Lamb Ribs
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, around 350-400°F (175-200°C). Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Remove the marinated lamb ribs from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Place the lamb ribs on the preheated grill, bone side down, and close the lid. Grill for about 10-15 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the ribs, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- While grilling, occasionally baste the ribs with the remaining marinade to enhance the flavor and create a caramelized crust.
6. Serving Your Lamb Ribs
Once your Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs are grilled to perfection, transfer them to a cutting board and let them rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute within the meat.
To serve, slice the racks of ribs between the bones into individual portions. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired, and enjoy!
7. Variations and Tips
- You can also prepare these lamb ribs in the oven by roasting them at 350°F (175°C) for about 1.5 to 2 hours, basting with the marinade every 20-30 minutes.
- For an extra kick of flavor, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Serve these ribs with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables, or a fresh salad.
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I use lamb chops instead of lamb ribs? A1: Yes, you can use lamb chops for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly since lamb chops are smaller and cook faster.
Q2: Can I make the marinade in advance? A2: Absolutely! You can prepare the marinade a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
Q3: What’s the best way to check the doneness of lamb ribs? A3: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. For medium-rare, aim for 145°F (63°C), and for medium, aim for 160°F (71°C).
Garlic Brown Sugar Lamb Ribs are a delightful fusion of flavors that will elevate your grilling game. The sweet and savory combination of brown sugar and garlic creates a caramelized crust on tender lamb ribs, making each bite a memorable experience. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue or simply craving a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress. Enjoy the rich and succulent taste of these exquisite lamb ribs!
- 1 lamb rib rack cut into 3 or 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Once hot, add the olive oil. Season lamb ribs with salt and pepper on both sides. Add them to the pan. Sear on both sides until golden-brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side.
Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
Reduce heat to medium and add minced garlic and sauté it just until fragrant, for about 30 seconds.
Add fresh rosemary, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and broth. Stir until the sugar has completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Increase heat to medium-high, stir and cook the sauce until it reduces and thickens slightly about 5 minutes.
Add lamb ribs back to the pan, baste with the sauce, add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and transfer to the oven for about 7-10 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 3
Amount Per ServingCalories 1484Total Fat 124gSaturated Fat 49gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 66gCholesterol 362mgSodium 1498mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 80g
The information contained herein is subject to change.