Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers Recipe: A Savory Delight on a Stick
Are you ready to take your taste buds on a flavorful adventure that combines the aromatic allure of garlic with the irresistible richness of Parmesan cheese? Look no further! In this article, we’ll guide you through the delightful process of creating Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers that are sure to be a hit at any gathering. Let’s dive into the world of savory perfection on a stick.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing the Chicken
- Crafting the Garlic Parmesan Marinade
- Assembling the Skewers
- Grilling to Perfection
- Garnishing and Presentation
- Tips for Flavor Variations
- FAQs: Your Questions Answered
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for the skewers?
- How long should I marinate the chicken before grilling?
- Can I make these skewers in the oven?
- What side dishes complement Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers?
- Can I use wooden skewers instead of metal ones?
Elevate your grilling game with the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers recipe. This dish brings together the robust flavors of garlic and the savory notes of Parmesan cheese, resulting in a tantalizing medley that’s perfect for both casual gatherings and special occasions.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To embark on this culinary journey, gather the following ingredients:
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
- Metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water)
Preparing the Chicken
- Prepping the Chicken: Begin by cutting the boneless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. This ensures even cooking and easy skewering.
- Marinating the Chicken: Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, tossing to coat evenly. Let the chicken marinate for about 20 minutes to infuse it with flavor.
Crafting the Garlic Parmesan Marinade
- Aromatic Garlic Infusion: In a food processor, combine fresh garlic cloves with olive oil. Blend until a smooth garlic paste forms, infusing the oil with a delightful aroma.
- Parmesan Perfection: Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the garlic paste, creating a creamy and flavorful marinade that will coat the chicken skewers.
Assembling the Skewers
- Skewering with Care: Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the metal skewers, ensuring an even distribution of chicken on each skewer.
Grilling to Perfection
- Preheating the Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This ensures a perfectly cooked exterior and tender interior for the chicken skewers.
- Grilling the Skewers: Place the assembled skewers on the grill, allowing them to cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and has developed a delightful char.
Garnishing and Presentation
- Fresh Parsley Finale: Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the grilled chicken skewers. This adds a burst of freshness and a vibrant touch to the dish.
Tips for Flavor Variations
- Citrus Zest: Enhance the marinade by adding a hint of citrus zest, such as lemon or orange, for a zesty kick.
- Herb Infusion: Incorporate dried herbs like oregano or thyme into the marinade for an extra layer of flavor.
FAQs: Your Questions Answered
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for the skewers?
Certainly! Chicken thighs offer a slightly different texture and flavor profile, making them a great alternative.
How long should I marinate the chicken before grilling?
Marinating the chicken for about 20 minutes allows the flavors to infuse without compromising the chicken’s texture.
Can I make these skewers in the oven?
Absolutely! Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the skewers for about 15-20 minutes, turning them halfway through.
What side dishes complement Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers?
These skewers pair wonderfully with a fresh salad, grilled vegetables, or even a side of garlic butter rice.
Can I use wooden skewers instead of metal ones?
Yes, you can use wooden skewers, but make sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before threading the chicken to prevent them from burning on the grill.
Indulge in the art of grilling perfection by crafting the flavorful Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers. With the aromatic garlic and the savory richness of Parmesan cheese, this dish is a culinary delight on a stick that will impress both your palate and those of your fortunate guests. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and embark on a journey of mouthwatering satisfaction that will leave everyone craving for seconds.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, thighs or breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Garlic Parmesan Butter Sauce
- 1 - 8oz stick butter
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp hot sauce more if desired
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Prep and Skewer Chicken
- Before you start, make sure to soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Start by combining your chicken seasoning mixture in a small bowl and set aside. Prep your chicken by cutting in 3" pieces. Place them in a large bowl or ziptop bag and toss in olive oil and the spices, coating well on all sides.
- Pack the chicken onto each skewer, making sure they are tightly packed with no space in between to ensure maximum juiciness. If needed, snip the top few inches of the skewers to fit in the air fryer after the chicken is skewered.
Make the Garlic Parmesan Butter Sauce
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add minced garlic, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and parmesan. Whisk together until garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add parsley, whisking to combine.
- Scoop out 1/3 of the sauce and use that for basting the par-cooked chicken. Reserve the remaining sauce for basting the cooked chicken so you don't cross contaminate. Be sure to wash your basting brush in between.
Cook The Chicken
- Cook 2-3 skewers at a time. Place in an air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and flip the skewers, baste with sauce, return to cook an additional 2 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Flip them back, baste with more sauce and cook another 5-6 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Total cook time of 12-14 minutes. This time will vary based on your air fryer.
- Once they are finished cooking, hit them with a final pass of the garlic sauce (the clean reserved sauce) and sprinkle with some extra parmesan and serve.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken skewers on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and cook for 14 minutes, flipping half way through and basting with butter a few times throughout the baking process.
Switch the oven to broil and cook an additional 2 minutes so get the tops golden brown. Remove from the oven and baste it one last time with the butter sauce and sprinkle with leftover parmesan.
Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place the prepared skewers over direct heat and cook each side for 5-6 minutes each, basting with butter throughout the cooking process.
Remove from the grill and baste it one last time with the butter sauce and sprinkle with leftover parmesan.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 5193Total Fat 395gSaturated Fat 160gTrans Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 202gCholesterol 1114mgSodium 10930mgCarbohydrates 203gFiber 13gSugar 4gProtein 223g
The information contained herein is subject to change.