Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a hearty and flavorful meal that’s both delicious and healthy, this Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash recipe is the perfect choice. Combining the richness of Tuscan flavors with the lightness of spaghetti squash, it’s a satisfying dish that’s sure to please your taste buds.
Ingredients for Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash
For this delightful dish, you will need the following ingredients:
For the Chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tuscan Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Preparing the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the squash is tender and the strands can be easily separated with a fork. Once done, use a fork to scrape out the strands and set aside.
Cooking the Chicken
- Season the chicken breasts with dried Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side or until they are cooked through and have a golden brown crust.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside to rest.
Making the Tuscan Sauce
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh spinach leaves and cook until they are wilted.
- Pour in the heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Tuscan sauce over the roasted spaghetti squash and top with the cooked chicken breasts.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your delectable Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash!
Tips for a Perfect Meal
- To save time, you can cook the spaghetti squash a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- Feel free to customize the Tuscan sauce with your favorite herbs or additional vegetables for extra flavor.
Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash is a delightful blend of Italian-inspired flavors and wholesome ingredients. This dish is not only delicious but also a healthier alternative to traditional pasta. With its succulent chicken, roasted spaghetti squash, and rich Tuscan sauce, it’s a recipe that will surely become a favorite in your kitchen.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil, drained, julienne cut)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- fresh parsley (optional, garnish)
Carefully pierce the spaghetti squash into the center with a knife several times. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 8-12 minutes or until tender. Let cool while you prepare the chicken.
1 medium spaghetti squash
Season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken,salt,pepper,1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes.
2 tablespoons butter
Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a plate and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
Add the remaining butter to the pan along with the garlic and shallot. Cook 1-2 minutes or until they just start to soften.
2 tablespoons butter,4 cloves garlic,1 shallot
Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook an additional minute.
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
Pour in the heavy cream and cook until hot and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
1 cup heavy cream
Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and spinach. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pan.
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese,3 ounces baby spinach
Once the squash is cool, cut it in half length-wise, remove the seeds and scrap out the strands with a fork.
Stir the squash into the cream sauce until evenly coated.
Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- To save time, you can cook the spaghetti squash ahead of time and reheat it when needed.
- You can roast the spaghetti squash in the oven, if preferred. Simply cut the squash in half length-wise and remove the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Consume within 3 to 5 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 4
Amount Per ServingCalories 2367Total Fat 155gSaturated Fat 84gTrans Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 57gCholesterol 762mgSodium 2071mgCarbohydrates 93gFiber 19gSugar 38gProtein 160g
The information contained herein is subject to change.