Chicken With Garlic Mushroom Sauce Recipe: A Delectable Delight
Are you ready to embark on a culinary journey that combines the savory goodness of chicken with the rich flavors of garlic and mushrooms? Look no further! In this article, we’ll guide you through the delightful process of creating a Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Let’s dive right in and discover how to craft this mouthwatering dish.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Preparing the Chicken
- Creating the Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- Cooking the Perfect Blend
- Serving and Presentation
- Tips for Variations
- FAQs: Your Questions Answered
- What type of chicken works best for this recipe?
- Can I substitute fresh mushrooms with canned ones?
- Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
- How do I prevent the garlic from burning?
- Can I use this sauce for other dishes?
When it comes to a meal that effortlessly combines comfort and elegance, Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce stands out. This dish presents a harmonious fusion of tender chicken, aromatic garlic, and earthy mushrooms, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To embark on this culinary adventure, gather the following ingredients:
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh mushrooms
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
Preparing the Chicken
- Seasoning the Chicken: Begin by seasoning the boneless chicken breasts with salt and pepper. This foundational step enhances the chicken’s flavor profile.
- Searing the Chicken: In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear them until they achieve a golden-brown hue. Set the seared chicken aside.
Creating the Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- Sautéing the Garlic and Mushrooms: In the same skillet, melt butter. Add minced garlic and sliced mushrooms, sautéing until the mushrooms turn tender and release their delightful aroma.
- Making the Roux: Sprinkle all-purpose flour over the garlic and mushrooms, creating a roux that will serve as the thickening agent for the sauce.
- Incorporating Broth and Cream: Gradually pour in chicken broth and heavy cream while stirring continuously. This combination results in a luscious and creamy texture that envelops the ingredients.
Cooking the Perfect Blend
- Combining Chicken and Sauce: Gently place the seared chicken breasts back into the skillet, nestling them into the garlic mushroom sauce. Allow the flavors to mingle by letting the chicken simmer in the sauce.
- Balancing Flavors: Adjust the seasoning if necessary, ensuring the harmonious balance of flavors. The combination of the chicken’s tenderness with the creamy sauce will create a culinary symphony.
Serving and Presentation
- Plating with Panache: To serve, place a chicken breast on each plate and generously ladle the garlic mushroom sauce over it. The dish’s visual appeal is heightened by the sauce’s creamy texture and mushroom medley.
- Garnishing: Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top of the dish for a touch of vibrant color and a hint of freshness.
Tips for Variations
- Herb Infusion: Experiment with various herbs like thyme, rosemary, or sage to infuse different aromatic notes into the sauce.
- Cheese Enchantment: For a richer flavor, melt in some grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese into the sauce.
- Veggie Twist: Add diced vegetables like spinach or sun-dried tomatoes to elevate the nutritional profile and add more layers of taste.
Chicken with Garlic Mushroom Sauce is more than just a dish; it’s an experience that brings together the comforting embrace of chicken with the captivating allure of garlic and mushrooms. The marriage of these ingredients creates a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. So, gather your ingredients, put on your chef’s hat, and embark on a culinary journey that’s sure to impress your taste buds and those of your lucky guests.
FAQs: Your Questions Answered
What type of chicken works best for this recipe?
For this recipe, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are ideal, as they cook evenly and absorb the flavors of the sauce.
Can I substitute fresh mushrooms with canned ones?
While fresh mushrooms offer a more robust flavor and texture, canned mushrooms can be used as a substitute if needed.
Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
Unfortunately, this dish isn’t vegetarian, as it features chicken as its main component.
How do I prevent the garlic from burning?
To prevent burning, sauté the garlic over medium heat and keep a close eye on it. Garlic can quickly turn bitter if overcooked.
Can I use this sauce for other dishes?
Absolutely! This versatile garlic mushroom sauce pairs well with pasta, rice, or other proteins like pork and beef.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 250g/80z button mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp flour
- 80ml ¼cup dry white wine
- 80ml¼cup chicken stock
- 375ml/1.5 cups double/heavy cream
- 1 tsbp wholegrain mustard or dijon mustard
Slice chicken breasts lengthwise, salt and pepper and brown on both sides in olive oil on medium heat until golden. Remove to a plate. (At this point chicken will not be cooked all the way through.)
To the same pan add the mushrooms together with chopped rosemary, salt and pepper and brown the mushrooms over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, add the chopped shallots and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Add a heaped tablespoon of flour and stir to combine. Then add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release the brown bits into the liquid. Pour in chicken stock, double/heavy cream, add 1 tbsp of mustard and stir to combine.
Then add the chicken breasts together with the juices they released back to the pan, and bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 2387Total Fat 162gSaturated Fat 90gTrans Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 61gCholesterol 813mgSodium 1045mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 11gSugar 25gProtein 170g
The information contained herein is subject to change.